Welcome!

We know you have questions about applications and the admissions process, but we know that you ALSO have questions about student life, which is why we're here. We're here to talk to you about what it's like to be a student at the University of Virginia. So feel free to ask us anything! WA-HOO-WA!

Elio, Meagan, Spencer, Stephanie, Emily, Tomeka, Cate (and our boss Ben is lying across us)

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hi y'all!

My name is Emily, and I just finished my first year here at UVA. I know I had tons of questions as I was going through my college search, especially about the freshman experience, so if you have any questions or thoughts about the application process and its craziness, please send them my way! I have already become very involved in the UVA community; a few of my interests include participating in community service organizations and fellowship groups, going out with friends, enjoying the gorgeous UVA grounds, eating at the amazing restaurants here, and talking to people about how great UVA is! Please don't hestitate to ask me about any topic--I'd love to hear from you!

6 comments:

Mira said...

Oops this was for you:

What is one thing you wish you knew before coming to UVa? Oh, and where did you live as a first year? :)

Emily said...

I lived in old dorms (yay Bonnycastle!) my first year.
I wish I had known not to stress out about signing up for classes during summer orientation. Class schedules are extremely flexible in college, and you have weeks to add, drop, try out, and change classes. So, to all incoming first years and for those of you who will be entering college in the future, don't worry about scheduling--it will all work out!

britt said...

Hey emily,

I actually havae tons and tons of questions about UVa. It would take up too much space here. :)

If you wouldn't mind, please email me at soccer_gal60@yahoo.com so I can ask questions!

-Brittany

Maggie said...

Hey! I am looking to come to UVA. I have several questions. But first is there a lot of student organizations to get involved in cause I will be coming from Michigan and would be looking for people to hang out with.

Cate said...

svsugirl09-

There are definitely tons of ways to get involved at UVa! We have about 700 student run organizations here. I am an out-of-state student as well, and I was concerned about the same thing when I cam here. I didn't know a single person at UVa. But the day before classes start every fall, we have our Student Activities Fair and all of our groups set up tables and try to recruit students to join their clubs. We have every type of club you can possibly name. You can see the whole list of them at www.virginia.edu/newcomb/sac/search_list_all.php, so check that out! My biggest advice... join a group. Any group... they're all awesome! There are tons of events to get to know all the kids in your dorm and other dorms, and classes help too, but the best way to meet people is to get involved in our clubs. Hope this helps!

Quiksilver6842 said...

hey i was wondering if you were out-of-state and also if you knew any admission standards or well known ideas about being admitted as an out of stater. An email would be great, quiksilver6842@aim.com Thanks.