Welcome!

We know you have questions about applications and the admissions process, but we know that you ALSO have questions about student life, which is why we're here. We're here to talk to you about what it's like to be a student at the University of Virginia. So feel free to ask us anything! WA-HOO-WA!

Elio, Meagan, Spencer, Stephanie, Emily, Tomeka, Cate (and our boss Ben is lying across us)

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Heyo!

My name is Steph -a rising 4th year from Williamsburg, Virginia majoring in Spanish and Elementary Education. Like Cate, I’m hesitant to admit that college is nearly over, but have the privilege of staying an extra year because the Education School offers a 5 year program at the end of which I will graduate with a Bachelors of Spanish and a Masters in Teaching. Better than the degrees is definitely the extra year I get to spend in Charlottesville. Questions about what to do around here? Arts and music are huge - ask about all of the concerts I have seen this past year, from Red Hot Chili Peppers to Rod Stewart, or the ways I’ve enjoyed nature, from picnics at Beaver Creek to strawberry-picking. Want to know how I get involved? Ask about my favorite groups like Nicaraguan Orphan Fund or Madison House - the largest student-run service organization in the country. I've also got a store of educational experiences, from challenging professors and inspiring classmates to accounts of my summer abroad in Valencia, Spain. Let me know what YOU want to hear about, and I'll try to show how I've made Virginia everything that I wanted it to be. Keep checking back in for more postings and leave us your comments!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

could you give us an idea of the application review process. How many people are involved?

Example:
1. graduate students screen ...

Cate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I've explained the application review process on the UVa Application Blog.

It might be a little more fun for the students to answer questions about student life instead of fielding questions that the admission staff can answer.