Welcome!

We know you have questions about applications and the admissions process, but we know that you ALSO have questions about student life, which is why we're here. We're here to talk to you about what it's like to be a student at the University of Virginia. So feel free to ask us anything! WA-HOO-WA!

Elio, Meagan, Spencer, Stephanie, Emily, Tomeka, Cate (and our boss Ben is lying across us)

Thursday, June 21, 2007

HEYYYYY!!

Hi guys! I'm way excited about this blog, because it gives ya'll a chance to speak to students while going through the admissions process which I think is extremely important and was something I really wanted out of my search! Let me start by introducing myself...My name is Meagan Kraus and I am a rising fourth year (sniff), so I will be graduating in a year, which is extremely scary. I am from Blacksburg, Va which is a small town in southwest Virginia and is also the home of Virginia Tech. Now I know what you're thinking: what is this girl doing at UVA coming from Blacksburg?? Well......needless to say, I absolutely fell in love with this school the second I visited it and I haven't looked back since. It has been everything I could have asked for and wanted in a college and my past three years here have been the best of my life. Being a tour guide for the Admissions office is a fantastic way for me to to share this experience with prospective students like yourself and really communicate how much I love this school! It has also been a great way for me to be involved at the University...sooooo please Please feel free to ask questions because it is one of my favorite things to talk about UVA so i would be more than happy to talk to you!

6 comments:

Natalie Eller said...

Hi I want to visit UVA sometime this summer, is there a best time to visit(i.e. day of the week/month)? I also play tennis for my high school and wouldn't want to miss checking out the courts, would I get to do this on a tour? I want to make visiting UVA the best experience I can because I'll probably only get the chance to visit once!

Mira said...

What is one thing you wish you knew before coming to UVa? Oh, and where did you live as a first year? :)

Rocky Justice said...

For Natalie, if you want to take a tour during the summer the best time to arrive is probably 10 am. There is a 10 am morning information session followed by an admissions tour at 11. Also, if you let your tourguide know what you want to see on the tour then they will point it out for you. You should definitely make the trip out to Charlottesville and UVA, its a great place and you'll love it.

Courtneyukno said...

Meagan,
You were my tour guide on 6/29; I'm not sure if it was the spirit of the school, your love for it, or a combo of both, but I fell in love with this school soon after stepping onto the grounds. Thanks for being a great tour leader!

Meagan said...

courtneyukno!! thank you SO much for your comment, you have no idea how much that means to us as guides that you enjoyed the school. that's what i'm here for is to try and represent uva as best i can and how much i love it, so i'm really glad that came across! thanks so much again and good luck next year!! :) let me know if you have anymore questions!

Unknown said...

Meagan Kraus is so hot.